Monday 25 February 2008

Fairtrade Fortnight Day Two

Shopping list

Just Natural (independent shop)
Quinoa
Soya Beans
Aduki Beans

Tradecraft shop
Cereal bars:
chocolate and raisin
blueberry and raisin
Cashew nuts
Spicy plantain chips

Coop:
Chocolate cake

For breakfast I had Tropical Muesli with tropical juice instead of milk. It was interesting... A new experience that will take a while to get used to! I've seen a fairtrade rice-milk listed online, but I haven't found it yet. Also, I'm told Coop do a fairtrade yoghurt, which I've also not found.

Lunch was going to be some pasta, but I was out and just had a cereal bar and some plantain chips - which were really nice! It seems to me that it's particularly difficult to find savoury fairtrade foods. Fruits, chocolate s, cakes... plenty!

Dinner was much more successful! I made cashew curry which was really nice. Could also have benefited from more spices, but softening the cashews and then mixing in some ground cashew powder made a good curry! Finished the meal with some chocolate cake and a glass of wine. A pretty good day I think!

Tomorrow I'm off to M&S in search of an avocado and maybe a coconut!

No comments: