Tuesday 26 February 2008

Fairtrade Fortnight Day Six

Shopping List:

Students Union:
Ubuntu cola


Independant health food shop:
Brazil nut oil

Breakfast: Yoghurt and muesli, I've now run out of yoghurt and the Coop I bought it from still haven't restocked it!

Lunch: Ricecakes and avocado, topped with black pepper. Very nice.

Dinner: Well this was another adventure! I made soya burgers... or at least attempted to! Mushed up soya beans, avocado and quinoa, held together with crushed cashews instead of breadcrumbs! Fried them in brazil nut oil. They would have been a very good meal, if only I'd had some kind of ketchup or tomato sauce! I was seriously envious of my house-mates bolognese!

I also tried to make soya milk today! It was a huge effort! Involved boiling vast amounts of water and making my whole house smell like soya! And it tasted horribled! I added some honey - which made it taste like honey, which is good, but not really the point of milk! Still not something I want to add to my coffee. I'm going to have to buy some Divine cocoa powder and make it chocolate milk. I think I'd willingly put that in my coffee! Not tea though!

And the Wensleydale cheese search continues! Seems they're hoping to make it exclusive and as such are introducing it gradually onto the market. But it was officially launched yesterday, so to my mind, that should make it available to buy at least somewhere! If you find any, you must let me know. Immediately!

No comments: