Monday 25 February 2008

Fairtrade Fortnight Day Four

Didn't buy anything new today; a nice break from food shopping!

For breakfast I had some muesli with Greek yoghurt and honey, some black coffee and some grapes. I'm having to be a bit stingy on the yoghurt, until Coop gets more in stock. This makes for a slightly too dry breakfast, but once that's sorted, I'm sure it will be more enjoyable.

Lunch was sliced banana on ricecakes. I also soaked some grapes in red wine, which was very enjoyable!

Dinner was a bit of an experiment! I substituted pretty much everything in the recipe I was 'following'. Basically I was trying to make a quasi red dragon pie ( http://www.eighth-day.co.uk/recipes/bredrago.htm ) . This is a variation on shepherds pie, using aduki beans instead of meat. The aduki beans were pretty much the only ingredient on the recipe that I had. But I went ahead regardless, and boiled together some aduki beans, quinoa and avocado in aduki bean stock. I then added some curry powder, being the only spice I had, topped it with rice instead of potato and baked it for a while. It was quite edible, but very much lacking in flavour! I have some more spices now, so might try again.

No comments: