Friday 29 February 2008

Fairtrade Fortnight Day Nine

I managed to sleep through breakfast today, which was probably good, cause I didn't have anything to eat! For lunch I had a bit of an experiment. Quinoa, cooked with cloves, then mixed with a little lemon curd, honey, crushed brazil nuts and chopped mango. It was actually much nicer than I was expecting! I had a left over soya burger for dinner, with some rice. I was a bit better than last time as I grilled instead of fried the 'burger'. Ketchup was still thoroughly missed though! The painful thing was that after dinner, I went to a friend's birthday party and everyone there ordered pizza! Fortunately I was aware of this, and bought some Ben & Jerry's vanilla icecream, and white wine, both from the Coop. This made my evening much more enjoyable. I have to say, I've got to the stage now where meals are more of a struggle than an adventure! I need to find some more enthusiasm. If only I could get a coconut or more significantly, the wensleydale cheese that Fairtrade Woman has!!

No comments: